Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sky went "home"

5 January 2008

Ahhh good old midwest winter weather! It is bitter cold and snowing, snowing, snowing! Yesterday, I realized my old dog was not adjusting well to the move to his new digs, so I spent more time with him. But, when I went to buy dog food for him, he must have thought I'd abandoned him in this strange place.

In 13 years, he has never, never, never even attempted to escape his dog run! My DSIL built a beautiful dog run for him at our new place, and he put a little bench in it so he could more easily "pop up" to see me when I come to the run. He has arthritis in his hips, so this was to make it easier for him. Since Sky had never attempted leaving the run, we never imagined that his confusion over the move would cause him to believe that when he heard my car pull out of the drive that I'd abandoned him. But evidently that's what happened and he struggled up and over his run wall with the aid of the little bench and attempted to follow me!

It is seven miles back to our old house, and everyone knowledgable about dogs tells me it may take him 2-3 days, but he'll eventually find his way back to his old dog run. I've been back there several times today...partly to see if he had made it back, and partly to hang flyers so anyone who may spot him can call me.

The roads were slick, but I could NOT fail to post the flyers just in case.

So much for getting any more unpacking done today!



Josh's song reminds me that we are truly loved...I hope Sky remembers that he's loved and does find his way back to our old home. I pray that when I find him, he will become quickly acclimated. I pray he will soon realize that we are both HOME here, and he's safe. But, I know he misses his next door pals (Grr and Blackie), the dogs who come to visit him almost daily, and the wild bunny who stays near the run. Loneliness is harder on dogs than on cats.

12 comments:

Christine Smith said...

THANKS SO MUCH for the wonderful encouragement on my blog about the coupon thing. That was so kind of you to encourage me like that. It really made my morning. Blessings to you~

Opal Scraps said...

Glad you liked my papers. Just email me your LO at opalscraps@gmail.com
thanks
OS

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you even check for comments here or not but I wanted to thank you for the message on my blog and let you know I have redone that kit in png files...my future kits will also be in png files so please visit my blog again. Thanks!

Amy

Minoush said...

Dear Jayleigh, now you can download the missing elements of my kit "spring has come".
And I am happy, that someone likes my little sparrow-story :-)
Best wishes to you!

Minoush

Julia said...

The element part was in the post below. But I went ahead and posted it with the paper pack post. So you should be able to go back to the same link and download both now.

Altered Amanda said...

Jayleigh-
Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you like the kit! I hope doggy came home- I know what that is like!
Amanda - Circle of Life Scraps

MariaS said...

I sincerely hope you find Sky soon! Such a heartbreaking and heartwarming story! I do want to thank you as well for your wonderful comment on my blog! I appreciate that you took the time to engage in a conversation about Jackson Pollock! It was incredibly rewarding for me to read your comment! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sue said...

I see you haven't posted in a while. I hope Sky made it home.

Thank you very much for visiting my blog and leaving me a kind comment! I would like find another field of flowers like that, but I'll have to wait until the snow melts! LOL

Snippets Inc Craft Boutique said...

Hi! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog for the Graffiti Grunge Kit and Add-On. Please send me your email to kcherrie@gmail.com so I can give you a coupon to get it for free:)

Julia said...

I just wanted to stop by and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I'm so glad you like my kits and hope you stop by more in the future to get more free kits!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I think I remember you. Glad to know who is reading my blog.

Yours is abandoned...maybe you could join us for worship wednesday next week.

Kim B said...

MOrning ;-P, I just wanted to come say a BIG Thank you for your wonderful comments that really make me smile each time!! As for the warm old tatty 'robe'... HAHAHA- sitting in one right now too. If I could I think I would sit in it all day ;-P... nice and cold right now so hoping it's warming up well and good yourside.
Huge hugs